PhotoAnnotator is a desktop app for decorating images with metadata.
It works in conjunction with its companion iOS mobile app phNotes Pro, downloadable from the Apple Store. The mobile app allows photographers who use manual lenses, technical and view cameras, adapted gears with digital or even analog film photography to take note of the most important parameters of each shot taken on the field (lens, aperture, shutter time, focus distance, shift and tilt values, GPS location, etc…). See the description of the app on the Apple Store for more details.
The PhotoAnnotator desktop app gets all the exported annotations coming from the mobile app and automatically writes them into the corresponding image files.
PhotoAnnotator supports all major image types (RAW, TIFF, JPEG, …).
NOTE: PhotoAnnotator needs Exiftool by Phil Harvey to be installed in your system.
- – All major RAW and image types supported (see the Exiftool website for a complete list).
- – Ability to write all annotations together into the “Instructions” metadata field.
- – Optionally, ability to write each annotation into the corresponding EXIF/IPTC field (eg. aperture, lens make , lens model, etc…).
- – Ability to recurse subfolders.
- – Back-up copy of the original image files.